Thursday, October 11, 2007

two month shots...

i just told him he was going to get his shots









"it's ok, mom, i can handle the shots"









"ok i lied!! it hurts like heck!!"










war wounds










thank you, tylenol!










ok so the poor little guy had to go in today for his shots. I knew this was going to happen, but I tried not to think about it. I actually prayed that Isaac would be stronger than me because I was pretty sure I couldn't handle it. We have a car issue this week so derik came home for lunch and then I took him back to work, picked up my contacts (which I ordered august 29th), and then headed to the doctor's. Ok so by the time we get there, he's hungry. I'm thinking, "great, now he'll be mad that he's not eating and then he'll be mad that he's getting stuck with 4 large needles!" So the doc comes in and we talk about his acid reflux, which is not getting any better. The poor guy has been on Axid since he was born, basically and isn't getting much better. Then we talked about my diet...no dairy, i know, i know. It's a tragedy. He said I could try foods with trace amounts of dairy, like pancakes and ranch flavored rice cakes :) to see how Isaac reacts. That made me feel better...i just have to stay away from the "hard stuff".

Anyway he left and the nurse came back in to have me sign a consent form. Before she even gives him his shots he starts crying. I kept saying, "she hasn't even touched you yet!" But it was obvious he was hungry. After giving me the form, she left, why? I don't know...but she took her sweet time. I picked up my crying baby and shushed him to sleep so when she came back he was out cold! She's like, oh great... She gets everything ready and I lay him down at the last minute possible. She sticks him and he wakes up just whaling! I was so sorry!!! I even said, "I know, she's mean, huh?" I was trying to make him feel better, but I probably just annoyed the nurse. So after shot four, he's basically stopped breathing...his face is red...tears are flowing...meanwhile his pacifier has propped it's self (if a pacifier can be a 'self') on his chin (which one, you ask? the first one).

She leaves and I pick him up and proceed to nurse him and after he gives a couple pathetic whimpers, he's on cloud nine. I mimicked a friend saying that if I could take him out for ice cream, I would, but instead he had to settle for the sweetness of my homemade milk...mmm!

He's been in a tylenol induced sleep the whole night, waking up shortly to eat and frown a little. I can tell his poor legs are sore. For goodness sake...mine would be, too!

...after the post...
he woke up to eat. i changed his diaper. now he's tandem eating and pooping! what talent! he's having a little too much fun with the eating and getting a little too carried away with the pooping...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little boo boo...this is the first of many. When your kids hurt, you hurt! Love you all...mom

Justin and Stacey said...

Kelly...I HATED taking him for that! It was so sad. I have an appointment for Jack's four month shots soon and I am dreading it. He was so sad when the nurse poked him. I did like that he slept twelve hours that night without a peep because of the tylenol though! Oh...Jack was on Axid for a while...does NOT work. I wouldn't waste your time. Some that I have heard good things about are Vantac (sp?) and Previset (sp?). I don't know how to spell them, but I'm sure your pediatrician would know what I am talking about. Jack had it really bad and would throw up out of his nose and it was totally projectile. But he is getting so much better. He is on soy formula. I know you are nursing but I after Jack's two month appointment, it just slowly got better and better, without any medication. We were lucky. He still spits up a lot, because babies do, but it's nothing like it was before. Good luck!

RaeAnn said...

Hey Kell! So great to see your little guy. I can never see how kids look like their parents (I know, I'm weird) but he so looks like Derik to me! Sounds like Tanya may come to B-town at the end of the month. Perhaps you could join her and visit me and Pammy! Miss you.

Whitney said...

im gonna have to agree with raebabe ann .. .looks like derek! :) especially when you pinch those cute widdle cheeks!! so i'm actually commenting on raeanns note-what's up with everyone having a reunion but us?!! you need to take little ike and i'll grab lynds and we'll have a girls weekend away in b-town!! k bye love you!

Karlee said...

Oh I HATE taking Boston to get shots! I always feel so bad because he's laying there on the table all happy and smiley then BAM he's shot with a needle in BOTH little thighs! They start screaming and I just want to CRY! Poor little babies!