Monday, October 22, 2007

here's to you, august 5th!

ok so i'm sitting here snooping a friend of a friend's blog (yes i snoop more than you could ever imagine!) and i'm reading her engagement story and how special that day was. well, naturally i think back to mine. i'm sitting here wondering if i could remember the date and then it pops into my head...august 5th, 2002. no way. august 5th?! that's the day isaac was born...5 years later. could it be? i know how i can find out...derik's wallet. he proposed on a flight back from oregon and kept the plane ticket. he's kept it in his wallet ever since. as i'm snooping through his wallet (not really, i knew exactly where it was--maybe from previous snoops...) i found it! lo and behold...august 5th. i just thought that was really special and ironic. and i think it's funny i didn't realize it until now. so exactly 5 years after we got engaged, our dreams of having a family finally came true :)


ps. august 5th is also my uncle bruce's birthday...what a great day!

8 comments:

Lyndsie Field said...

how funny! who would have known what august 5th would bring?! what a great day! :)

Bonnie Ashford said...

And, your Great Grandma Edna and Great Grandpa Pete's wedding anniversary. What a special day!

adorable pearsons said...

Man August 5th is going to be all-time party at your house! Can I come? Seriously, your little boy is such a doll. I wish I could see him in person. I double dog dare you to come and see us! PS- Now I am totally curious how your hubby proposed....share it, share it, share it! I so love you!

The Hendricks ID said...

My dad's name is Bruce.

The Heaton's said...

that is a really cool story. who would have thought 5 years to the day that you and derik decided to share your lives together that you would also welcome another little life to join you guys. what a special day.
...and no, no baby! however i am not sure why i am sitting here blogging, cause i have been having contractions 10 mins apart for the last 5 hours! i must be addicted to blogging! I am supposed to be induced tonight at 10pm if he doesn't make it here by then.

Kristi Clinger said...

what a special day for you and your family. congrats on your newest family member. he is so cute. i'm glad i came upon your blog.
visit our website www.eric-kristiclinger.smugmug.com

Workmans said...

Isaac is so precious! I finally found your blog and am lovin it. Wish I was that cute when I was prego!!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful little boy. Glad I was able to see him and find that you are all doing well.