Wednesday, October 10, 2007

tuesdays with grandpa


Ok, well this is two minutes too late for it to be Tuesday, but today (tuesday) Isaac and I had our first lunch of many to come with my grandpa. I decided that I love spending time with the guy and he's notorious for taking us out to eat that I would propose a weekly lunch. He loves seeing Isaac "squirt" and I love being around him and listening to his stories. We went to Trudel's Deli in W. Salem. It was fun...we talked about hunting. It was really interesting, though. I just like listening to him talk about things that make him happy. He also told me about his children (my uncles and mom). He told me about how my uncle used to hide his beer behind the toilet in the basement. He found them and "had a talk" about it. Well, a few years later, his younger brother did the same thing. He thought that was pretty funny. Then he told me about how two of my uncles got drunk when they were supposed to meet everyone on the hunt awhile back. Grandpa saw the beer bottles when they managed to get the truck stuck in the mud and he said, "Well there's half the problem!" Apparently they thought it was so funny they still tease him by using that phrase....gotta love grandpa jason!

1 comment:

The Heaton's said...

hey kelly! it was so good to hear from you! i was wondering how things have been going for you and derik. congratulations on the darling baby and the new house. i love the heading "i like to snoop" for links to other peoples blogs...i like to as well! i will be checking back for regular Munn's family updates.
ps-i love the black and white diaper bag too...the changing pad matches the inside!
-Stephanie