Friday, July 17, 2009

holy smokes!

was it hot last night or what?! holy crap, i thought i would die. and poor isaac! i ended up taking isaac on the couch so we could lay in front of the AC unit. i happened to look at the thermostat and it was 78 in our house and much much warmer in the bedroom. it would have helped a little to open the windows and put a fan in front of them, but i'm always too afraid someone will take advantage of the hot nights and come rob us. they could take what they wanted, but i just don't want to be there when they do it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the whole temp thing is such a pain for me. We are SUPER sensitive around here to any heat or cold.
You should open the windows, put fans in, and then make a little sign that says, Do Not Disturb. . . that will totally take any would-be thieves out of the picture.

Jill said...

We don't use our A/C during the day to save power. But these last two days with the temp outside at 98-100, and the inside temp being 76-78... we've been melting. However, I live in the boonies. I don't worry too much about keeping the windows open at night. Good luck not turning into a puddle. Honestly, if I felt like it was appropriate for me to walk around naked in front of my children, I would. But alas it is not. So I have turned into a puddle. A puddle of pregnant goo.

Chance and Beth said...

Dang it! I sympathize, last night we went to a base ball game and when we left at 9 it was still 93!! Ugh... It is hard on the little ones. (miss you!)

Evie Wonder said...

Yeah, the heat is KILLIN' me! I feel like I have perma-sweaty-pits!! (Just thought I'd share).