Thursday, October 23, 2008
i am a savage beast...
since i'm cheap, i got some small whole chickens at Roth's for like $3 a chicken-with the intent of cutting them myself...skip the middle man! they had been in my fridge for a day or so and i knew i needed to get them cut up before too long. i planned on taking them out to my grandpa's since i know he has good knives and the stomach to do it, but time was running out. so last night i looked it up on the internet and watched a couple videos and went to work! oh my gosh, it was disgusting at first. i had NEVER ever done anything like this...i couldn't even handle watching my mom with the turkey on thanksgiving! i sat there for a second after the chicken gave birth to the liver and whatever else was in there and wondered if i could really do this... then i gave myself a pep talk and just went to town. it took me probably about 30 minutes per chicken. but i skinned and de-boned the breasts and thighs and just cut apart the wings and legs. i'm sure i didn't do it right, but it seems to have turned out just fine. the grossest part was knowing i could snap a chicken in half with my bare hands...and seeing a teeny bit of hair still left on the skin. ugh...so gross! i'll let you know if it was worth it once i cook some. and run if you see me in a dark alley...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
What the?! That's all I can say. You are crazy, lady! I don't think I could ever do that.
You make me laugh girl.
ok kelly I'm sticking to your pizza instead :) I don't think I'd be able to eat chicken again :)
I loved the details in this post! You are hilarious...I could picture everything you wrote about! Haha, can't wait to know if it was all worth it!
p.s. too cute about Isaac loving Elmo! Good luck on finding the life size Elmo. I don't have a clue where you can find one! If I find something I will let you know! Have a happy afternoon! :-)
i don't even know what to say.
Remind me never to get on your bad side....ever....EEEVER!
SICK!! we do that too . .but mostly with breasts and thighs . . never a whole chicken . .and then brady usually does it! way to be super woman! yuck!
haha! What a woman! My first job was actually doing that same thing cleaning and breading chicken!! Gross huh?? I can't beleive they paid me minimum wage to do that!! What was I thinking???
Okay so that is the sickest thing ever! How the heck could you do that without throwing up... ugh that is sick. I think I would rather go without chicken. That is a pretty funny poor story to tell your kids later on. HA HA HA
You're brave. My mom always used to do that when she made chicken and I've never been able to even try!
Oh my gosh...eeeww...that does sound gross. I am the weenie who pays for the middle man to do the dirty work for me.
You the man ....er I mean Woman! I tried to leave a comment on here the first day you posted but blogger was down so sorry I haven't said something sooner.
I laughed when I read your story. I can totally see you doing that. I would have gagged and thrown up. Kudos to you for making it through the whole process. I can't even stand the smell of the blood of Thanksgiving turkey. I make Brent do that part.
Good for you, Kelly! You're the best!
i don't know about this. i just really don't know kelly. this sounds really gross, the teeny hairs would have just done me in. girl you are crazy, but super martha stewart!
Funny that I just read this today because I just finished baking 3 whole chickens and picking the meat off. I freeze the meat and use it in recipes.
I feel like a savage beast too!
Post a Comment