Monday, March 16, 2009

there and back...

isaac, derik and i just got back from idaho last night. we went over for derik's little brother's wedding. yay deven and jennifer! they are a happy little couple. i went over a little early to visit emily and her little guy aidan in utah...














then i took the shuttle up to rigby where i visited chris and tara. i don't think i'd seen them in about 2 and a half years! they were our across-the-way neighbors when we lived in idaho and we LOVE them. they are so funny. their kids are total products of them, too. i love it. after that, we met derik in rexburg and spent the next 4 days there. it was a lot of fun, but super packed! sorry about this picture, derik...it was the only one that had the three of us at the temple...














we also got the most awesome picture of isaac...


















isaac got to meet his little cousin, bailey. he calls her baby bailey but it sounds like "bebebebebebeley". very cute. we had so much fun hanging out with uncle chance and auntie bethie...getting buttons at porters, eating fast food late at night, playing ball, staying up until 10 :) and changing constipated babies poopy diapers...














we thought we would get home early yesterday since our flight was to arrive in portland at 11:30am, but what was supposed to be an hour and a half lay over in boise turned into 6 and a half hours....6 AND A HALF HOURS!! isaac was a peach. he did really well. but regardless of how good your child is, it's never fun to stay in an airport for such a long time.













here's my formal apology to all the people i didn't get to see.
breff, who already called me a hussy for not seeing her...i'm sorry beth. there was just no time. i couldn't talk derik into it.
sheena...oh sweet sheena. i just kept putting off calling you. things just started to get so complicated. i thought about you every step of the way, but like i say to beth...there was just no time!
the beazers, i always see you guys when we come! this time things just got so crazy that we didn't have any extra time. at least little deven and jennifer are in your ward now. how crazy is that?!
and last but not least...melissa. my favorite little key bank friend. i don't think she reads this blog, but if you do, mel...i'm sorry! just like for sheena, i kept putting off calling you. then once we got to idaho there was no time to talk to anyone! i swear i didn't even have time to change isaac's diaper! seriously...i went way too long between changes.

but really people...we had a jam-packed trip. i'm glad to be back, but sad i missed all of you!

8 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Ok Ok I guess I finally forgive you... I'm glad that you guys had a fun trip while you were up here. Did you get in on the 65mile an hour winds, or did you head home before that fun started? Either way, I hope everything has settled back to normal at home, and I love that pic of Isaac at the temple!

Jill said...

Love the pic of Isaac at the temple. That's awesome! He is such a cute little guy.

I'm glad I got to see you. Even if it was just for 2 seconds at the temple and at the wedding luncheon. I couldn't talk Brent into going to the reception. Mason just gets a little too excited with all those people.

I'm with you though... as much fun as it is to go away... it's always nice to come home. :)

* Nancy * said...

I totally understand not being able to see EVERYONE you'd like to!
Hey, do you e-mail Melissa? That is so cool that you had her in mind to go visit...too bad you didn't get to go and see her and get the latest scoop at Key!

RaeAnn said...

Well thank goodness you are doing OK and have an explanation for being MIA. I will keep checking back for an apology for not calling ME when you were in BOISE with NOTHING to do! Hello! We could have partied.

Unknown said...

holy crap. . . 6 1/2 hours in Boise?!! and not even a phone call for an airport playdate?!! come on kells bells. . . I thought we were tighter than that. Anyways, its always funny to read your blogs because I can hear your little voice in my head . . . haha. And I totally know about kids traveling and hard poops. . . it really is a bummer. I'm glad you made it!!

Kelly Munns said...

yeah, i thought about apologizing to raebabe and pammy but then i was like, no they'll understand. obviously not! so here's the deal. we were only supposed to be there long enough to get off one plane, have some food, and board our other plane. then they delayed it by 30 minutes...then an hour...then 15 minutes...then 30...on and on and on until they said, ok we finally have another plane coming in in 45 minutes and we'll board as quickly as possible and send you on your way. i was sure they would cancel the flight and THAT'S when i was going to call you guys. ::sigh::

Whitney said...

well i don't wanna feel left out or anything .. so you can appologize to me too :) !! fully jealous you were back in the berg . .one day you're be going there to visit ME when i LIVE there :) heheh not even kiddin! who took that awesome pic of isaac? he looks so BIG! (ps evertime i go to spell his name i have to look at your blog .. you think i could actually just learn how to spell it!)

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a busy, fun time! I love the pictures. Especially the one with Issac in the sky with the temple behind him. What a cutie :)