my little baby boy is a year and a half! it's kinda weird because he's learning so much so fast! just in the past couple days he has been talking sooo much more...i swear he's doubled his vocabulary. it seems like he will repeat anything we say. now we have to spell words so he doesn't cry to go
o-u-t-s-i-d-e
or for a
w-a-l-k.
he begged us to go outside last night at like 9. um...no. he signs "more" or "please" and says "door?" "walk?"...it's so sweet.or for a
w-a-l-k.
he's doing so many new things now i don't know if i can keep track anymore! he started counting to ten...that lasted for a couple days and now everything is fouh, fie, nie...fouh, fie. it's so cute. he's got quite the personality (duh, right?). we've now watched cinderella so much that he knows what's about to happen...and acts it out. he's a silly little bugger.
at his appointment on his half-birthday, he weighed 25 lbs 13 oz... and was 32 inches tall! they're both in the 50th percentile, but he seems like he's just growing so big! it isn't until he walks away that he starts looking smaller and smaller. then i realize what a little baby he still is.
we have so much fun. he's really a fun little guy. he likes to play and give mom hugs and kisses and he gets to be silly and wrestle with dad. he loves when i kick the ball against the wall...he'll bring a ball to me and say "kickit"...then we'll spend as long as i can stand kicking the ball against the walls in the hallway. i've knocked more things over than i'd like to admit, but it sure makes for a fun house!
he's learned to say sorry and give hugs when he misbehaves. he's gotten really good at it. consistency is key, right?!
he loves it when i tell him, in my southern accent, that i'm going to spank...his...butt! he'll walk over to me and make his bum available to spank. it's really funny. good thing i don't plan on spanking him for discipline or he might think it's a game...cause it is!
he love love loves cookie monster. he acts out how cookie monster devours his food...and he's learned what a "c" is from him...thanks cookie!
he still hates his car seat which makes it really difficult to go anywhere. he's normally pretty good on the way to wherever it is we're going...it's getting him back in his car seat that's a problem. i'll have to sit in the back with him on my lap for 15-30 minutes until i can get him focused on some book or toy long enough to get him in his seat to go home. i'm hoping he'll get better as he gets older. we'll see about that...
derik taught him how to shake someone's hand. it's really the funniest thing i've ever seen.
everyday at 4 i turn on ellen and we dance! he knows that when he hears her intro music that it's time to boogie down. i always wonder if the neighbors are watching me go nuts....it's pretty funny, but good luck if you can sneak a peak of that!
i can't seem to imagine what i would do without my little isaac. he's so fun and makes everyone happy. he is such a caring, sweet, loving, climbing, crazy, monkey boy. it's hard to be mad at him...or even around him. he brings so much light to our lives. my grandpa always thanks me for bringing the entertainment. he's certainly hilarious to watch. so isaac...we love you, little buddy. keep on keepin on and watch your mom to get all the new dance moves...then you can teach them to your friends.

**i don't know why the font changed...there's nothing i can do to make it normal! how irritating**
6 comments:
I can't believe he's so big! That's so fun that he's talking and being crazy. I love it when they start getting big enough that you don't have to do every little thing for them, and that they like to be independent. I love keeping up with you!
Hey, if he loves Cookie Monster, can I mail you the dumb gift my mother-in-law gave to Mason? It's cute.... for Isaac's age, but not for an almost 4 year old. It's called Kid K'nex and it is makes a cookie monster. If you want it, it's yours. I'll even mail it to you. I'm not kidding, let me know.
On other notes.... he is getting so big! What a fun little guy.
What a SUPER cute little guy you have! I remember Gabe learning those things too. Shaking hands was one of our favorites when he would meet people. People would be amazed that he knew how to do that.
Such fun milestones and like you said it is hard to keep up with all the new things he has mastered. They really do learn so much right before your eyes that you then can't believe when it all really began! It only is going to get better and more hilarious as he starts to put words together! I love how you two get dancin when Ellen comes on! It is a blast to come up with your own creative fun!
Oh yeah, I remember spelling out words too! Haha, such good times!
Give him a big squeeze from me!
oh my gosh where did he go? he was little, and i was at the hospital seeing him for the first time, and now......i feel like i am missing all of it. we are so close but so far away.
Oh Kelly. You just love him so much. It is so great. I can just feel it ooze from your blog. What a lucky little guy he is. They do grow up SO fast. Thanks for leaving all of the posts on my blog. It made me feel super special. And I love that you called me "witty". Oh my. That will seriously have to be added to my positive mantra list for when I'm feeling ho-hum.
Random note: Do you remember when you were a soph and I was a freshman, and you had a short-sleeved, collared, pasteled (like blue or green) with tiny contrasting plaid, shirt from the Gap? Well, I had one too and I thought it looked so much cuter on you, and that made me sad, but I was still partially happy because at least I kinda looked like you. Oh geez. Teenagers....funny memory though ...
That is too cute... I love seeing/hearing what he is doing... I think he and Ty would have fun hanging out together... Ty would probably show him some trouble/fun! Maybe more than you would like! ;)
SO does he say "please" and "thank you"... I saw that you said he signs "please" Ty does too (both actually)... I just cannot get him to actually say either of them but he does still sign them I guess that is what matters!
He is a little joy! I am glad that you have so much fun with him. Keep updating... it is fun to hear about you guys.
Post a Comment