The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Here goes nothing...
1) i can't stand suNglAssES! first of all, they tickle my face. i have always tried to have a cute pair just in case and have worn them a couple times...just long enough to remember that i really do NOT like them (and long enough for them to go out of style...). i also have a hard time taking advantage of my much blessed peripheral vision. there's something about not being able to see everything around me that's disturbing!
2) i don't like cHocOlaTe! or sweets for that matter. you may find me delving into a snickers or butterfinger every once in awhile, but don't be surprised to see me pick the chocolate off the shell... when i was a little girl my mom used to give us a cookie for each hand as a treat and i, instead, asked for crackers. i'm sure that made her happy because saltines are much cheaper than cookies! i also don't like any kind of iCe crEAm! not one flavor would i ever pay money for. sometimes i'll eat it to be polite, but i figure it's wasted calories for me...everyone thinks this is such a good thing because they are chocolate/ice cream fanatics, but i have to make sure everyone knows that i have weaknesses, too. mine are breads, cheese, and salty things...so don't worry, i'm sure i more than make up for it!
3) if someone sNeeZes i have to say, "bless you" even if i say it under my breath because i don't know them or just feel weird saying it...sometimes it's even 5 minutes later that i have to say it because i've been battling with myself for that long trying to NOT say it... also, i'll get a weird feeling to do something strange...like "go make sure the diShwAshEr is latched" so i'll be in bed and close to falling asleep and have this nagging feeling and have to get up and check that the dishwasher is latched...i try to tell myself that i'm following the Spirit, but i think there is minor ocd in there... (those are just a FEW examples of my strange behaviors...)
4) i'm getting better, but i have this strange obsession with cOloR coOrdiNaTiOn. i think this might fall under the previous ocd bit. when i was growing up (middle/high school/college) i had to make sure all my clothes were facing the same way. not too strange, i know, but the hangers also had to coordinate. it went green, white, blue, white, green, white, blue, white...you get it. i'm not sure if i did that so i could tell if someone borrowed something without asking and tried to sneak it back or if i was just a little ocd about that, too?
5) in middle school i was so paRanOid about what i wore that i would keep track on my calendar each day. i didn't wear the same thing in the same week...i even tried to go two weeks before wearing it again. it'd be funny to find that calendar and read it. i had codes for the items of clothes that i wore so it wouldn't take up too much space. also, if i got something new i wouldn't wear it right away. i'd wait a week or two so if someone asked me if it was new i could say no. i don't know why...ok, i think this is a little ocd, too. should i go see a doctor?
6) i didn't get my eArs piErCed until i was 21. my story is similar to karlee's. i was 11 and wanted my ears pierced. my mom (not having any girls before me) said that the rule was i had to be 12. this bought her some time, but i soon changed my mind. i think i psyched myself out. i kept putting it off and putting it off until here i am in high school and no ears pierced. almost every girl i knew (besides jessica bolton) had their ears pierced and i thought it was kinda neat that i didn't. so i kept going and going until after i got married (i do, however, wish i had earrings for my wedding) i decided to take the plunge! my step-dad offered to get them done right before i got married, but i got super nervous and couldn't! finally derik and i went to do it...well i did, he didn't. for the first year or so after i got them pierced i couldn't stand not having earrings in! i used to carry spares in my purse just in case i left the house without them...
ok so since this was kinda fun i'm going to TAG: TARA schimdt, WHITNEY ashpope, NATALIE love, TANYA smith, JACOB hendricks, and KRISTIN fishback!
i just thought of another one...even though i'm breaking the rules! i can't stand sleeping with a toP shEeT. derik hates it, but i've gotten him used to it now. if he had a choice he'd use one. we even tried putting the top sheet on his side only and that was just a mess...it hung over the floor and got all bunchy and stuff. i think it bothered him more than to sleep without one! what's even more interesting is that both of my brothers (so my mom tells me) don't like to sleep with one either. i think it's a good thing because now i don't have to pay $80 for a sheet set...i can get the fitted sheet only for a lot cheaper!
7 comments:
HELLO---
Okay how great is the blogging world!!! I love that you found me out here in the world-wide web :) Also LIKE i could forget you! I love you! We had TOO much fun in that terrible, terrible, miserable class. I was just talking about that class for some reason awhile back and all the rage is still there for that ********** teacher!!! Well I love the blog and so good to see what you are up to and I'd have to agree with as many pictures as you take of your little one because he is STICKEN ADORABLE!!!!! Talk to you later (p.s. hope you love the novel!!)
Kelly...so how funny are you?!! I loved reading this...I can't believe you don't like chocolate...you and Chad would have a great time eating crackers together seeing as how he doesn't eat chocolate either!! And i love how you have a little diagnosis of OCD in you, too funny! :)
So I saw your comment on the Arnesen blog. So funny because we have had that thing forever and just use it as a way to plan trips or get togethers or whatever, but lately it has been taken over by my sister and a couple friends. Glad you could finally see a picture of our baby though--not as cute as your little guy, but probably more fun to wakeboard behind! I miss you too, and it was a flashback reading through your post. You were the perfect roommate--hilarious, easy to talk to, and able to do dishes :)!!!
Thanks a lot Kelly. You already did Whitney and you two are the only ones I know that have blogs that wouldn't think it was wierd tagging them. I remember other people you and Whit have listed on your blogs, from classes or what not at BYU-I ("I've been to hollywood, I've been to Rexburg..."), but I'm sure they wouldn't even recognize me in a picture. It's not like they're people I really ever talked to except for about 2. I'll do as many as I can find. By the way, you were right about not haveing a place to add comments on our blog, I looked at it a little bit after setting it up and find how to go add the comment link.
Kelly your blog is hillarious! I'm glad that I know someone out there that is as OCD as I am -- just wait until little Ike starts doing things like Landon has!!!
Oh man Kelly...that was hilarious! I'm going to have to agree with the OCD part of that! :) I'm sure we all have funny little things that we do, but yours are hilarious! :) Thanks for sharing!
you should for sure see a doctor. why would it matter if the dishwash closed or not! ha ha you are out of control.
Post a Comment