Wednesday, February 10, 2010

baby=1...mommy=0

i had my 40 week appointment today. ooooh boy...

they said he was high 7's/low 8's for weight. or so they think. it's hard to tell. but he had a nice strong heart beat. they are a little concerned with the fact that i saw stars last night and then got a migraine. i'm not worried about it, i think it was an isolated incident, but it's also a sign of pre-eclampsia...that along with the fact that i have had really swollen feet since about saturday. i attribute that to me going off the wagon and sending my diet to hell. i figured i was having the baby soon and i just went nuts eating lots of fatty food and sugar. not very typical, but i caved. so now i have to do a 24 hr urine sample so they can test the amount of protein in my urine. i haven't had any protein yet and i drink TONS of water so i think i'll be fine.

they offered to strip my membranes and i decided not to right now. i might if i don't have this baby by monday. i just kinda want things to happen the way they're meant to. and although i'm uncomfortable, i'm not desperate yet. i feel like things would go more smoothly if i let things just happen. anyway, she checked me and i'm only a 1 and my cervix is still pretty high. apparently it comes down and curves up as you get closer to labor. i made her show me with her hands. i'm so naive. anyway, labor should be a ways off. i go back in on monday and i'm sure i'll be pretty done by then. maybe even desperate! i've got a new (optimistic) prediction of sunday the 14th. how fun to have a valentine's day baby, right stacey?!

oh my gosh, i can't wait to be a normal size again. my face drives me nuts!!! ugh...

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Come on baby!!! Do your job!

Beth Willmore said...

You are so cute - and way to be strong! I think that anybody would be screaming for an induction right about now if they were 40 weeks and no sign of the baby. :) C'mon Valentine's baby!

Evans Family said...

I hope I am as level headed and patient as you when I'm 40 weeks pregnant!

Jill said...

I think the face is always what bothered me, too. I was glad to have my face back and look like myself.. not the monster that ate me. ;)

Good luck! Definitely don't go too far over due. We want a healthy baby.

Unknown said...

I'm still hoping for the 12th TOMORROW! WEEEE

Karlee said...

WOW! You are SOO much better than me! I wanted to be induced TWO DAYS after my due date regardless and the next time around, I'm hoping since I have c-sections I'll get to go a wk-2 wks early! BUT I HATE PREGNANCY!!! More power to you for your super power skills to hold on a little longer!!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Seriously...I was MORE than happy to get Anderson out 3 days before his due date. :) I was more dilated than you are but still...you seem very calm. Which is a good thing. I knew you would hold out for the 14th!! :)