i'm starting to hit milestones that make me think this baby might just listen to mommy and stay in a little longer! monday was the day i went into labor with isaac...that gestation, anyway. and yesterday is when i had isaac (37w 1d). i have seen those milestones and kicked them in the butt! here's to getting to my 38 week mark on wednesday...
on the flip side, i've noticed i've been having contractions. at the midwife's on wednesday she was feeling for baby and said, "oh do you feel that?" apparently i was having a contraction. now sometimes i can see it or feel it a little, but it's not painful. i'm just trying to ward them off so they don't do anything permanent...not yet anyway! i've put myself on moderate bed rest so i don't put myself into labor. this is quite the different experience than i had with isaac. i just hadn't even thought about it and then BOOM! i was in labor...for 5 days. this time around i'm thinking, oh my gosh, i might have my water break at home or something...such a weird thought. i've got stuff ready (i didn't last time) and i'm excited about the whole experience.
stay tuned, i'll try to update as much as possible.
ps. i love it when people answer their phone because they think i'm calling to give them news...raeann.
14 comments:
Oh, how fun! I love (and HATE) this part of pregnancy. There is so much excitement and anticipation. Hope and utter mystery. But then there is the ten times a night pee sessions, the braxtons, the sciatic nerve pain, etc. I'm glad you are enjoying it for what it is. It seems like I was just there a few months ago, but Isla is 2 1/2 now. Good luck !
Crazy!! You'll be a mom of 2 before you know it and really out numbered!! How exciting! And the name you picked out is so cute! Can't wait to see him!!!
What is the name you picked out? Did I miss this on your blog somewhere?
Good luck in this homestretch. Never my favorite part.... other than the excitement of the baby coming. The contractions, exhaustion, etc take their toll. Sounds like you've got a good midwife.
I seriously can NOT believe you are so close to having #2! You don't seem too nervous to have 2 but as it gets closer for you for some reason its making ME panic about having another one! Oh gosh. Keep us updated and let me know how this little midwife situation goes.
Yay for you! I hope that you get to go into labor beautifully and at our home and that it's a great experience (A.k.a. not 5 days of labor). Keep us posted!
haha karlee, you make me laugh. you know you would survive if you had another, right? and beth, i am NOT laboring at your home...crazy lady.
oh, and becca...i don't even have to get up to pee at night. but in the event i haven't take my contacts out, i might just pee while i'm up...once.
oh my oh my. I can't believe I made the blog!!! I am so sorry we got cut off yesterday:(. I am so glad that you are taking it easy :) Lots of emotions here, but mostly excitement to see how this story unfolds!! Loves to you! Oh, and I hope either you or Tanya saved me a cupcake because they looked delicious.
oh my oh my. I can't believe I made the blog!!! I am so sorry we got cut off yesterday:(. I am so glad that you are taking it easy :) Lots of emotions here, but mostly excitement to see how this story unfolds!! Loves to you! Oh, and I hope either you or Tanya saved me a cupcake because they looked delicious.
This is so exciting!!!
Kelly-so glad you found me on facebook. I checked out bella vie online; it looks awesome!
AHHHH BABIES!! I'm impressed with your determination. . . :) I'm excited for you too!!!
You are a ticking bomb... exciting. My second birth was pretty different from my first also. I can't wait to see the little guy!
Oh man....I am dying to see and hear all about this little one!! Keep posting!!
~Stacey
Post a Comment