Thursday, January 14, 2010

same-same...um, nope

i found this picture and thought it was interesting. this is 11 days before i had isaac so i was 35w 3d...(and it's after a work softball game so forgive the uni-boob and lack of tummy/boob separation)














and this is me today! 36w 1d... holy smokes am i way bigger or what?!















how about an update instead of just pictures (i HAD to post a new picture since that last one was really bad...my face looks like someone made a stinky.)

i am feeling alright. i can't do much without feeling like i've totally overdone it. i can normally handle doing one thing a day. today it was grocery shopping and i can tell i overdid it. i pay for these things at night and the next day. meaning, i just can't move. i feel way better than i did when i was pregnant with isaac...at this point anyway. i'm praying the little tiger stays in as long as possible. i thought for sure i would be begging for him to come out by now, but nope! i'm holding strong!

i switched from my doctor, who sorta didn't care about me, to a midwife. i really love it. they are so much different! i'll be delivering at a "gentle birth" center instead of the hospital. that means no meds. i always wondered if i could do it without them and then it hit me...i had like 70 unmedicated hours of nasty, close contractions when i was in labor with isaac. yes, 70! they basically refused to admit i was in labor because i wasn't dilated enough. pshht. anyway, after having experienced birth (the unknown for a first timer) and realizing that fighting contractions doesn't help, i have a better understanding of labor now. that, coupled with the ridiculously calming environment of this birth center, i feel like i can get through it. i'll be able to labor in any position i want. i can have a tub birth if i choose...and the tub is HUGE! i don't have to wait to see isaac because of the pig flu. he can come whenever i want him there and he can stay the night with me if i want him to. they will let me deliver the placenta naturally...they'll leave the umbilical cord attached as long as i desire...it's basically everything i want! i'm very excited about it. the birth center is an 1860's farm house that they've remodeled (keeping it's original charm). go check it out if you're curious...Bella Vie.

i have a little bit of high blood pressure, but we're trying to fix it by diet and herbs (of course, they're midwives). i also tested positive for group b strep. did anyone else test for that? although fairly common, i haven't ever heard anyone talk about it. they never tested me when i had isaac so they just ended up treating me with iv meds in the hospital. luckily, my midwife is a CNM and can administer iv meds if i choose. i probably will since it seems the most effective way to protect your baby.

other than those things, everything is going fine. he's got a nice strong heart beat and is measuring just great. the threat of down's hardly even crosses my mind anymore. i will be completely shocked if he ends up having it. he's moved positions from being completely on my right side over to the left (but still kicking my right). apparently that's the natural course of movement as they get into position for labor. NUTS! he was posterior last week and then this week he was only slightly posterior. i let the midwife paint him in position on my stomach. i've debated sharing this with the blogging world, but it's really too cool not to share (and surprisingly modest being all painted up). can you see him? that right foot of his is sticking straight out because that one ALWAYS gets me good way over on my right side. cool huh?

yes, my pants are too tight...back off.





25 comments:

amber schmidt said...

That paint is soooo cool! I have never seen that done before. I felt much bigger with Cole than I did with Landon. I guess it's because your muscles have already been stretched out once. Your such a trooper still wanting to be prego! I hope your labor isn't 70 hours this time esp. without the drugs! go you!

Jill said...

Don't worry, you'll get bigger with each one. Sorry to disappoint.

I think you look cute. Be careful not to overdo it. I totally understand.

Good luck with the midwife. I hope it is a great experience.

Beth Willmore said...

ok the paint thing is cool - thanks for sharing! Good luck at the birthing center - I've seen stuff like that on TLC and always thought "that's definitely not for me" but the way you describe it makes it sound really nice. Keep us posted!

bendanielsfamily said...

that is so cool...you're painted stomach. a few things- the boob stomach separation comment in the first picture is really funny. i remember my shirts would sometimes tuck in inbetween the stomach and boobs and i just felt like a big buddah.
second your birthing center looks really neat ... really neat. i bet it will be great.
third i can't believe you can still wear regular jeans i'm completely jealous and you make me sick.
you know with zach i did it natural accidentally and it wasn't that bad and with maddie the drugs didn't work (apparently sometimes that happens after you've had several kids :) ) good luck!!! can't wait to see him!

* Nancy * said...

The painting is so amazing! Glad to hear that you're doing well for the last stretch of your pregnancy!
p.s. your pants look totally fine to me!
Thanks for sharing your cute prego pics!!

Maddy said...

The painting is awesome! how cool they even did the background! wow!! and you look great!

Jessica said...

It sounds like you are doing well!
That picture is awesome! Thanks for sharing. And what a mid-wife for taking time to do that!!

The Jarmans said...

You are so cute! I hope i look that happy when I am about to pop..

Karlee said...

YOU ARE ONE BRAVE GIRL! I don't think I could ever try pushing a baby out of me WITHOUT an epidural...but everyone is different! Just call me chicken! That pic on your belly is AWESOME! I wished my doc did that for me! That totally helps figure out exactly where the baby is..I LOVE IT! How long did that masterpiece take? Good luck! Keep us updated!

Ronda said...

I am so glad you found this place. I would love it if they had one here. Im going to look into it. I hope all goes well for you and your baby. You are such a good mommy.
LOVE the picture on the tummy!

Derrick and Rachel said...

That painting of the baby is so cool....I never knew that they do stuff like that! I am glad you found somewhere you enjoy...that will make all the difference with this delivery. AND your pants are NOT too tight...why don't you have stretch marks?! Lucky woman!

Bethany said...

GO KELLY! You can totally do it! I was group b+ with both of mine. That was one of the reasons i chose to be induced w/deegan- i didnt want to have him w/o the penicillin in my system for 4 hrs. (i had the pit cranked up to 16 and still had no pain meds so you can do it too!) I loved my midwife. I wont go any where else. I wish Rexburg had a birthing center! I think its way cool she painted your belly... i always wondered where they were and what was poking me :)

Mare said...

Bravo to you for going natural. I am in awe of those that do it, mostly because I never ever get to try and it fascinates me what the body can do. And the belly is great i love that you get to really SEE what he is doing and it makes the pain make sense and you can laugh a little through the jabbing kicks!

Kara said...

That is such a cool picture. I love it!

Amanda said...

Love the painting, how cool! I can't believe how big you are with this one compared to Isaac. :) Just try and relax for these last couple weeks. Don't do too much!

RaeAnn said...

i think about you like everysingleday. glad the blood pressure is hanging in and that you are taking it as easy as possible! I look at your tummy and think pain! I remember how that felt with her pushing around especially my scar tissue and how bad it hurt to roll and walk and everything! Glad that you switched, and it sounds like it will be an amazing experience for you. No one will be freaking you out that you don't feed your baby enough, right? Oh, and I was positive for strepb and I think if you are positive once you are always positive? It is super common. Noone talks about it because it doesn't matter at all, just extra meds. OK< keep me posted! Loves to youand your boys!!

S and K said...

Get out..that belly painting is the coolest!!! I'm glad you shared it! And I think that's pretty cool you got a picture of the foot kickin' the crap out of your on the left side!!! Also your pants are not too tight, and you deserve some kind of a metal for even wearing those at 36 weeks! I think this birthing center sounds incredible, and you can totally handle natural after 70 hrs of contractions. (Are you kidding me!...that deserves a metal as well :)) Hope these next few weeks go by quickly and all goes well, keep us posted!

Katy said...

Isn't it lovely how you get bigger quicker with each pregnancy. The paint thing is really neat. Good luck doing it naturally! I thought it was absolute torture, BUT I felt amazing seriously SECONDS afterwards. Can't wait to see that baby!

Justin said...

Love the update. That picture is awesome! How long did that take?! I have been thinking about you lot wondering how it is going in these last few days before your baby comes. I hope everything goes well at the birthing center. I am going to check out their website! I'm sure you will do great!! Good luck!!
~Stacey

Lyndsie said...

oh my word!! can i just tell you that i'm right there with ya' on the feeling huge thing...and i'm 3 weeks behind you! i seriously am praying that i go into labor by 38 weeks...i'm so DONE!! you are adorable kell...and i love that you are so excited about where you're delivering! i can't wait to hear all about it! i don't have it in me to go medicine free...but i so admire people that willing to do it! you'll do great! :)

Kelly Munns said...

can i please just mention that i bought those jeans when i was like 5 or 6 months pregnant with isaac. they're super low...obviously, and they're waaaay bigger than my "normal" jeans. so don't be jealous...i can't even pull my old jeans over my knees. pregnancy does weird things to us, doesn't it?!

Chance and Beth said...

I totaly agree with the first preg. being so scary- withall of the unknown. I'm so happy that everything worked out with switching docs. Sounds like you are in control, as it should be. That is by far the coolest belly painting I've ever seen. Wow! I can't wait to see the little guy! Good luck! Oh, and if i were there i'd be happy to do your shopping for you, ugh, but i'm not, so take it easy!!

Schmidt Family said...

Just think positive and you can do it natural! I think that the pain is intense and when it seems you can't handle any more you are done! And you feel awesome after! I hope it goes as planned and is really memorable!

Lindsey said...

I just looked at the pictures of the birth center where you will deliver! What an amazing place. Wish there was something like that around Georgia! I hope things go well. I had a great natural birth with a midwife and I can't imagine having it another way.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Kelly! what a belly!! love the drawing!! That is so cool! Who drew that on you belly? Great artist whomever it was, wow!!
I can't wait to see you since I haven't seen you in a whole bunches of long times!! Good luck with this one, wow!! I still can't get over your belly size!! Wholly molly!! talk to you soon,
love ya a whole bunches!! Henry