Tuesday, December 22, 2009
you have been summoned...
i am so irritated right now. i was sent a jury duty summons for the 2nd time in my 10 eligible years. the first time i was in college in another state so i was excused...and this time i'm pregnant! great, right? right... well my doctor's office won't excuse me because i'll be under 38 weeks at the time of the trial. i'll actually be 36 weeks 1 day. AND...my doctor has even expressed that she thinks i'll deliver early. i just can't believe they would expect a 36 week 1 day woman to sit through a trial but not a 38 week woman. ridiculous. anyway...if i end up having to go and don't get some miracle excuse hopefully i'll be excused because the judge is way nicer than my doctor. either that or everything will just work out and it'll be something more interesting than an easement dispute...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
OHHHhhhhhhh! If you can play "crazy" you might just have a lot of fun with it! Either attorney can dismiss you if they feel you might be biased one way or another, so pick which flavor of crazy you think you can pull off, and GO FOR IT!! C'mon, where's your sense of adventure!
dang. that's annoying you can't get out of it...although i will admit i'm a little jealous. i've always wanted to serve on a jury. tell them i'll take you're place!
TWICE in TEN years?! They must REALLY want you to be on the jury! I was asked one time but I'd already changed my residency to TX so I got out of that one...FEW! ALTHOUGH I've always thought it be cool to get lucky and get like a murder trial!! But then I must say I'd be scared for my LIFE if we found the guy guilty that someone would come after me and my fam! Yes, I AM a paranoid person! HA! Good luck! Maybe the judge will excuse you?? I'd HATE to sit there for HOURS being 36 wks pregnant!!!
You can get out of it because you are the sole caregiver of Issac...they still do that, right? (they did 2 years ago when I got summoned....I couldn't use it as an excuse though!)
what are the odds? I am surprised your doc wouldn't write you a note...maybe it is time to switch to someone else :)
If not, maybe you will be the next leading lady in Runaway Jury part 2.
seriously that is dumb... you will get out of it... if not... take 14 potty breaks an hour and get yourself dismissed :)
I got called when I was pregnant with Chance and they excused me when they saw how big I was because they didn't want me going into labor in the courtroom, so hopefully the same will happen to you. Good Luck!
EWWW! I hate jury duty..even though I've never been. But last time I got summoned I did the deffering for 90 days online but I did it wrong and just changed it by a day but by the time the letter came that day had past so I couldn't do much about it...who knows there might be a warrent out for me! ;) I hope you get out of it one (legal) way or another!
tell them you will have to get up to pee waaaaay too many times during the trial to be an effective jury member!?
i have been summoned 4 times! all from california. i have never had to appear because i have either been away at college or lived here in NV. but 9 times out of 10 they settle out of court and you never even have to go. i will cross my fingers for you!
Hey hey. The black bloomers are actually the photographers. Too bad that Jenna was too little and we could stretch them to look more like a one-sie than bloomers, but whatev.
How annoying!! I hope you get out of it. Did you guys have a good Christmas? I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you are feeling well and gearing up for this little baby to come! I'm dying to see pictures of the little cutie!
So weird, I was called to jury duty while I was pregnant with Reese. Thankfully I didn't actually have to go until after he was born. Then I got a dr's note excusing me. :)
Post a Comment