a tree hugger or cheap...i don't care. but listen up. i did an experiment. i turned off my computer nearly every night for the last month and when i got my electric bill....it was about $5 lower than normal!
now we all know that turning off our computers would save us a little energy. you have to make sure you're turning off the monitor and the speakers. anything left on that produces a light takes energy...so the more the better. now did you also know that leaving your computers on makes a difference in the carbon emissions or something green like that? yeah i'm not that person. i'm the one who doesn't think her vote counts, so i find it hard to believe i'm significantly contributing to any kind of pollution...but i do love $5. so if you want to try it...just try remembering to turn everything off that has a light. it'll be worth it. and i suppose mother nature will thank you too...
5 comments:
yeah too bad my computer sucks so bad that if you turn it off, it takes a whole day after turning it back on to re-boot. I am thinking of starting a charity collection to replace it. can i put you down for $5?
I'm right with ya! I do this too, but man just 5 dollars. Oh well, I will keep doing it.
Thanks for sharing.
i heard that you can save a lot by unplugging your tv when you arent watching it. even when they are off the draw quite a bit.... i dont do this becaui use the clock on the box... I know, I know, I could always buy a clock but oh well maybe you could experiment with that next month :)
Yeah, there's this girl in my ward that literally unplugs everything in her house to save power. I kind of laugh but I guess it works.
Hey, no comments about American Idol????!!! I was looking forward to your take on it. Or did you abandon after they voted off Alison Iraheta. I liked her, too. :)
Always such sounds advice! Sorry I've been so bad about actually checking blogs, not to mention the whole update my own business!!! :) But I always love yours when I circle back around! Nice work on saving the enviroment....oh wait I mean MONEY! I'm on the same page as you though!
Post a Comment