Saturday, November 15, 2008

not again...

ok so thursday our computer putzed out on us again. this time it was the hard drive and we have lost everything. sad, i know. but i have some peace in me. here's why...

1)when our mother board went out in april, we backed everything up which means we still have teeny baby pictures of isaac...including videos...2)derik backed some stuff up at least once since april...and 3)i normally post my favorite pictures of isaac on my blog (yay for blogs!)

here is why i'm sad...

1)most videos i just download on my computer only, which means they are lost...2)we now have to buy a new hard drive and pay someone to tell me what we already know...that our hard drive is gone...and 3)it's almost Christmas and on top of derik getting his wisdom teeth out and isaac's hospital bills, this will not be a cool one!

woe is me...

7 comments:

amber schmidt said...

sad! My computer is practically a part of my family!!

Unknown said...

oh man, that is crappy. You've just reminded me to back my hard drive. . . bless you.

Jill said...

You need a jump drive. We back up the computer to that. Especially pics, videos, taxes, etc. If you don't have one, might be something to think about. However, for now, that totally stinks. I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Jill said...

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to say "this is what you should have done" in my last comment. I really do feel bad for you. Everything is on our computer, too. I just thought I'd offer up a suggestion for when you get your computer back. Good luck!

Sheen said...

Oh poop! So... what was the culprit? Facebook? I'm so nervous and need to hear what happened!

We just bought a super nice and new computer not even a year ago and it makes me sick to think about it dying. I agree with the comment above... My computer is a part of my family!

I'm so sorry that happened. I would be crying about losing that valuable stuff.

Thanks for the reminder to back up our stuff too!

* Nancy * said...

I hate computer problems! How exciting it will be to get it fixed even though it's hard to pay for that when you have other things to pay...I know that feeling!

Tanya said...

that stinks kelly! so glad you have the blog because you need all those cute pictures of little man.