Ok so Derik and I went to the church today to help clean and we took Isaac along, of course. He was being pretty good--just trucking around in his car seat. I was talking to Napoleon Dynamite's mom....yes she's in our ward...and she was saying how she had a gift for Isaac and needed to bring it in. She said that he might already be grown out of it because she got it before he was even born. Just as she's saying this, she lifts up the blanket that's covering his legs and I get this puff of poop smell. We finish talking and I excuse myself to go change his diaper in the mother's lounge. It was confirmed, he was poopy. I successfully get the diaper changed and start to feed him. After his feeding we went to find Derik to leave. I strapped Isaac in his car seat when I hear this "pooooop" (of course it was wet, he's only 8 weeks, but there was no doubt it was a messy one). So I proceed to take him out of his chair to change him and Derik says, "don't you want to wait till we get home?" Isaac has a tendency to overload his drawers so I didn't want to take the chance. I put him on a blanket on the church floor and take off his diaper. He kinda tooted a little while I was taking it off so I was trying to be careful. Well I wasn't careful enough because all of a sudden....SQUIRT!!!! It SHOT out like a water balloon hitting the sidewalk from a 20-story building and of course I try to block it with my hand. That did NOT work! So now it's all over my hand and a few other places...here is where I found the poop:
hand
wrist
arm
ankle
leg
cuff of sweater
pants
sock
shoe
newly vacuumed carpet
receiving blanket under his bum
his onesie
and up his back
I love being a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment