Friday, September 28, 2007

consider me...blogged

Ok so I've been putting this off because I've been a little busy being a mom. I can barely find the time to take the laundry from right in front of me to the washer, let alone blog! I figure I've gotten really good at one-handed typing so why not get on the blogging wagon?

Here's what's gone on so far....

August 5, 2007
We had a baby! Isaac Vaughn Munns weighed 5lbs 14.6oz and was 18.5 inches long. He was three weeks early. He is the greatest blessing in our lives. We couldn't imagine loving him more! I feel lucky that he relies so heavily on me because that just means I have excuses to spend one on one time with him. Derik and I have been known to argue over who gets to take him. I was going for a pedicure with my mom and Derik had to go set up chairs at the church for a fall social. Well I knew I wouldn't be done in time for him to leave so Isaac had to come with me. He was pretty peeved over this. He says, "forgive me for wanting to spend time with my son!" And forgiven he was...

April 29, 2007
We bought a house! After looking for a couple months, and only seriously for a couple days, we put in an offer on a house and it was accepted! There was a lot of work that needed to be done. The floors were nasty and stained with dog stuff and smoke...along with the ceilings. You could see where these people smoked in the house. We painted every square inch of the walls and put in laminate floors throughout. It would've been too expensive for carpet. We got a great deal at Keith Brown Bargain Shed :) there's a down home country feelin name for ya! It's a great house for starters. It's three bed, two bath, 1142 sq ft with a big deck and creek in the back. We figure we'll be here for a couple years until we grow out of it.

January 16, 2007
My first day at DCBS for the State of Oregon. I got a job in the Mortgage Lending Section of the Division of Finance and Corporate Securities. Say that five times fast! It's a great job. We regulate mortgage lenders in the state. It's very interesting work! My boss is the greatest. She is very cool. She and I are very much alike (duh, she's cool!). We're the same height, same hair color and length, same style (she obviously can afford nicer things than me, though...). This is why she started calling me "mini-me". Yes, I am a mini-me. I would be walking down the hall and someone would call her name from behind. I'd look to see where she was only to find out they were calling me! Well since then, her boss gave her a hard time for calling me that so she started calling me mini-munns. After being there six months, though, I was still getting mistaken for her.

December 24, 2006
It's official....I'm pregnant!!! I took a pregnancy test and found that after 15 months of trying, it finally paid off! I couldn't be happier!! We are moving to Oregon in 5 days...what good timing!

No comments: